My Photoshoot With ‘My Boudoir’

17 Jan

Just before Christmas I received an email from a lovely lady called Nicola who wanted to know if I fancied having some ‘boudoir’ shots taken with her. She said liked my blog and my confidence, and she thought I could help inspire other larger women to take pride in their bodies and feel like a star in front of her lens. She sent me a link to her Boudoir photography website and Facebook page as well as a few examples of her photos, and encouraged me to peruse her work and make a decision when I was ready.
533

806

900

922

939

942
I must admit that at first I was somewhat hesitant to take her up on her offer. The word ‘boudoir’ conjured up all sorts of images for me, and my first thought was that I would be expected to have a nude shoot, something that panicked me for a variety of reasons. However, I couldn’t ignore that her work was amazing, her ‘Before&After’ photos spoke for themselves and I wanted to look amazing like the girls in the shots! After emailing back and forth a few times with her, I felt reassured that I would be asked to do nothing that took me out of my comfort zones, and I couldn’t wait to look like a glamourous bombshell!

I live in London, and Nicola’s shoots take place in her house in Ramsbottom, Manchester, a speedy bullet train journey away. She was very understanding about the times I would arrive and leave, and arranged for me to be picked up and dropped off at the station by the lovely Gary, who waited patiently for me at the station with my name on a sign, carried my bags to the car and dropped me off at Nicola’s house. I was greeted by two excited French bulldogs and a smiling huggy Nicola, who checked that I was ok with the dogs being there. She then ushered me into the lounge where I was introduced to Sarah, the hair and make up artist. I was asked about the kind of make up and hair I wanted, and Sarah was very thorough with the exact looks I wanted for my hair, eyes, eyebrows and so on. She was great fun to talk with, and it felt like no time at all before I was ready to take a look into the mirror. I could not have been more pleased at what I saw! She had really captured the look I so often try to emulate, and I couldn’t get over the way I looked!
397689_565451536212_2131475934_n
I felt ready to take on the camera, and I followed Nicola upstairs to start my shoot.
Nicola had selected the outfits from my suitcase that she thought would work best, and left me to change into look number one, my Morticia corset from What Katie Did and Bravissimo Demi Diva set.

The room where the shoots takes place is actually Nicola’s bedroom! It, along with her whole house and the lady herself, have a wonderful vintage feel too it. The room was nice and warm, some great upbeat girly songs were playing and I felt very at ease. I changed into outfit number one and then Nicola came back to just help make last minute adjustments to my corset.

The first pose that she wanted me in really helped break the ice! I had to lie on the floor by her wardrobe with my legs up against the wardrobe, my body in an ‘L’ shape. Let me tell you that doing that in 6 inch heels, a tightly laced corset and knickers that tie up and the side was no mean feat, and poor Nicola must have got many an eyeful as I navigated myself into the pose! But luckily she was very patient, and once I was in position she gave me direction on the placement of my legs, handed me a gorgeous vintage telephone and then started snapping. It was quite hot under the lights, and some positions that I had to hold made me feel like I was getting a work out, but thanks to Nicola’s wonderful direction and editing, I think I look rather good!
118
After that I changed into my Fauve Rosa set and faux fur coat and had some fun looking elegant on her chaise lounge and cheetah rug.
104

102

122

124
Next, I changed into my Dollydagger Dita dress and assumed various positions on the satin strewn bed. Once again, she did not disappoint with the images she created.
110

100
By this point I felt very at ease with Nicola. I was used to the bright hot lights, the positions that look so natural in the photos, but can take a bit of concentration and effort to hold and maintain, and her frequent directions and praise – something that really makes me relax with a photographer.

I changed into my Erin dress from Pinup Girl Clothing for the next few shots, and I just love how she made me look in the shot with the umbrella.
116

128

Last but not least, I changed into my Masquerade Rhea bra and pink corset (code ‘FullFigure1 gets you 10% off at Hot Corsets) and my absolute favourite image was born – something that surprised me as I really loathe pink!
106

114

132

Nicola took a few face shots and made me look utterly classically beautiful, I gasped when I saw the photos!
134

130

126

120

112

And then we were done, and it was time to wave my goodbyes and catch my train home!

Luckily for impatient me, Nicola had the photos edited and sent to me the very next day, and like I said above I was in AWE of how I looked in them! She had taken into account my hatred of my arms and legs, and managed to get the absolute best out of me in the images. Yes, her style it to enchance with photoshop, and yes I don’t look natural in some of the shots, but I adore every images she sent me and I feel very privileged to have had such a wonderful experience. It’s something I would definitely look into doing again, and I’m even considering buying a package for my best friend who deserves a dolled up experience.

As I have proven, ‘boudoir’ shoots are all about posing in outfits that you feel happy in. Whether that’s your birthday suit or a full suit, I’m sure that Nicola and Sarah could work their magic on you and make you feel like a goddess. And the great thing is, if you’re not overly keen of a photo or part of a photo, Nicola will change it for you until you are satisfied. She has never produced anything less than mind blowing images, and I want to thank her and Sarah for my wonderful experience, and I hope I have convinced a few of you to let the ladies make you feel like a princess at My Boudoir.

58 Responses to “My Photoshoot With ‘My Boudoir’”

1. Jessica Meloche January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

She captured your beauty and essence in every shot. I ADORE them all & cannot wait to have them hang on my wall of beautiful pinups <3

2. Kristi--Plussie Galore. January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

oh George–what thoroughly beautiful post and not just the pictures but you are such a beautiful soul and that just shines right through. I love all those photos but my personal fav is the one with that big, bright smile of your’s. You just look truly happy. Bless you. You have NO idea how very much you constantly inspire me.

3. Bizzy January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

WOW! You always look beautiful but she really captured your soul in these photos. Just stunning!

4. Jessica January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Lovely pics! My favorite is the green dress but they are all stunning.

5. Elizabeth Blevins January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

I do pin-up photography here in the States and the dewey perfection is part of the look…you look absolutely stunning. The black and whites towards the bottom are really amazing…I adore those

6. thelingerielesbian January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look gorgeous! I usually prefer a more natural approach with boudoir, but I think her style works really well with pin-up style images. The one with you laughing is my favorite– it has such personality.

7. Ve January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Absolutely STUNNING. I’d love to get some pictures taken like this someday (or really, any truly professional pictures, but a girl can dream ;-) ).

I love the one when you’re laughing too.

8. Zeenat January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Those are beautiful!

9. Jon Snow January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Amazing!

10. windiegardie January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

I love the 4th photo from the bottom, your laughing face is adorable! Compositionally speaking though, the photo with the Umbrella is stunning. Nicola’s work is lovely and you look great in every picture.

11. Sweets January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Girl, you look GORGEOUS. Jeez, your hair and EYES are so, so stunning. Congratulations on taking the risk, because you have some lovely photos that really capture YOU.

12. Elle Leah January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Such beautiful shots! You’ll treasure these forever, and when you’re old and grey you’ll be able to tell your grand kids what a bombshell you were!
    Elle (www.theellecurve.com)

13. Nadine January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Wow! I hope Robbie is using each and every one of these amazing images to create a shrine to you!

14. Jamie January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

OMG…these are stunning. We had a boudoir photo shoot pretty close to me (I guess they don’t do it all the time). I really wanted to do it for my fiance’ but I did not have the confidence to do it. Maybe if they do it again I will. You are gorgeous anyway, but these pics surely are amazing!

15. Jasmine January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

The images are simple stunning.. you look amazing. Unfortunately for me I am all the way down in Australia but if I ever move to the UK I will so be there.

16. Jasmine January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

The pictures are simple stunning.. you look amazing. If only I wasn’t all the way down in Australia. If I ever move up your way, I will so have to go get some pictures of my own.

17. pacifiers&pinups January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look amazing!!! She did a great job. Its very old Hollywood glam

18. Ilse January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Wow, you look absolutely amazing! The hair, the makeup, the pictures… So gorgeous!

19. Holly January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Wow, I am so envious. These photos are truly beautiful, as are you George.

20. Jasmine January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look absolutely beautiful in every single shot, Georgina! Nicola did a spectacular job of capturing you!

21. Alex January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

SWEET JESUS. Those are some amazing photos, you look awesome.

• Lena January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

gorgeous!!! just gorgeous!!! :-) and I am happy with you :-D movie star!!!

22. Michelle Sharp January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

I really, really hate having my photo taken but you look so completely fantastic in these photos I’m actually considering a trip to Manchester!

23. XL Hourglass January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

WOWOOWOWOW this is so great! I swear I had a tear in my eye when I got to the picture where you are laughing – you look so beautiful and happy! Seems like it was an amazing experience with even more amazing results :’)

24. nothingeverfits January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

Wow! You are stunningly beautiful!

25. jennie January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

wow this is something I must do. Thankyou for showing them to us, wonderful.

26. Butterfly Collection (@bflycollection) January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

I found these photos truly inspiring, they capture more than your beauty, they capture an essence of woman that is captivating. Love them! xx

27. Belle January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look absolutely stunning and can I just say you are a real inspiration to me and I follow your ‘bravice’ all the time! X

28. Belle January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look absolutely stunning and can I say that I am always following your ‘bravice’ and you are a real inspiration to me x

29. allie January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

incredible! that first shot in the rhea bra is to die for. I hope it’s framed and hanging in your bedroom! epitome of bombshell.

30. Ritzz January 17, 2013 at 12.53 #

These are absolutely stunning! Her before and after work is incredible. I am in awe of your beauty and you look so natural.

31. Cat January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

I can’t even pick a favorite, you look absolutely amazing in all of them! Kind of makes me want to have my own photoshoot someday and yes, this is inspiring the inner confidence in me:)

32. Jen January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

What a beautiful set of pictures. I mean its not as though you’re not a stunner normally, but these are just incredible. And good on you for pushing your boundaries. I have to tell you, I was talking to my partner the other week about getting back in shape this year as I’ve put on a couple of stone over the last couple of years. I showed her your home page pictures as my body goal.

So maybe if you’re having a day when you look in the mirror and aren’t happy with what you see, just remember your body is is currently being aspired to! Xx

33. faustineli January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

The laugh picture just slays me. What a beautiful smile!

34. Aurè January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

Che Meraviglia…so Charismatic…so Artistic photos…Your Beauty is amazing, Cheers!

35. Alessia (@__aleramone) January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

Speechless. Every woman deserves photoshoot like this!
    I live in Italy, perhaps one day I’ll go to Manchester to take some pics :D

36. Malka Jackson January 18, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look stunning in these photos and your joy definitely shines through each shot. I’m currently saving up for my own shoot here in Florida and can’t wait!

37. Misfit Mama Reviews January 19, 2013 at 12.53 #

I didn’t know you could get any more gorgeous! These photos are FAB!

38. Cat January 19, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look incredible! I love the first black and white one… you have such a wonderful smile! Though the rest are beautiful as well :-) .

39. Sassy Curves January 19, 2013 at 12.53 #

You as always look amazing. Robyn Lawery, Heather Hazzan, Denise Bidot, Clementine Desseaux just to name a few have nothing on you.

40. Marie January 19, 2013 at 12.53 #

BEAUTIFUL photos , you look fantastic , would love to do the same , you look so relaxed x

41. E-lif January 20, 2013 at 12.53 #

You look absolutely stunning. And I’m really thankful for the inspiration your blog gives me :)
    PS. Red suits you best!

42. Cheryl January 20, 2013 at 12.53 #

Love the smiling one best. P.S: you hair has grown lots!!

43. kuricuriosities January 22, 2013 at 12.53 #

ah! you look so lovely, as always! I love the way your makeup was done up!!

44. Becky January 24, 2013 at 12.53 #

Just gorgeous! I love the vintage feel!

45. Federica February 28, 2013 at 12.53 #

A lot of people said that and I confirm it , you are really beautiful!

46. Sheila G March 9, 2013 at 12.53 #

Sweet Jesus- if my husband sees these, he’ll be wanking himself silly til Sunday. Stunning.

47. toytose August 5, 2013 at 12.53 #

These pictures are fantastic, and you look absolutely gorgeous in them!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Confidence Boosting Competition! « fullerfigurefullerbust - January 28, 2013

[...] many of you know, I recently partook in a Boudoir photo shoot with My Boudoir.  The photos were beyond what I was expecting, and it made me feel amazing and [...]

2. Q&A: Founder of boob blog Fuller Figure, Fuller Bust « OMGGs - February 18, 2013

[...] Check our Georgina’s wonderful blog for tips and inspiration here (and see more photos from her MyBoudoir.co.uk photoshoot here) [...]

3. Q&A with Georgina Horne: Founder of Fuller Figure, Fuller Bust « OMGGs - February 18, 2013

4. Links to ease you through the end of the week! | Betty Le Bonbon Cheek Boutique - March 7, 2013

[...] of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust fame, had a boudoir photo shoot with some stunning results. Have you ever had a boudoir photo shoot? Would you like [...]

5. The Winning Entry… | fullerfigurefullerbust - April 3, 2013

[...] you to everyone who entered my competition to win a photo shoot with My Boudoir. Myself, Nicola and Sarah loved reading all of your entries, and it was a tough call but we managed [...]

6. My Recent Photo Shoots | fullerfigurefullerbust - June 22, 2013

[…] My last experience with My Boudoir was absolutely amazing, and so you can imagine how excited I was to not only get the chance to return to Nicola’s magical house of wonderment, but also to be going with none other than Caroline CurvyWordy. […]

7. My First Boudoir Photoshoot | The Lingerie Lesbian - July 8, 2013

[…] However, I had seen the beautiful results that both Cora from The Lingerie Addict and Georgina of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust had gotten and was too intrigued by the entire concept to pass up the opportunity to take some of […]

8. Boudoir Photography Week: Choosing a Photographer | Sweet Nothings - January 20, 2014

[…] Horne of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. Photographer: Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell LSWPP, My Boudoir. Hair/makeup: Sarah Louise Elliott. […]

9. pin upify - Page 2 - Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum - February 28, 2014

[…] Hi! I'm super late at reading some of the posts was going to send you a private message- but i can't figure it out. I follow Georgina Horne (i think she's in your area- "across the pond") who's mostly about body image confidence (big and small) and how to find the right bra (if you're upper heavy). anyways, she's done a couple of these "boudoir" photo shoots. It seems like she'd get pampered, hair, makeup, the whole shebang done professionally and then get to put on something super hot and feel sexy as heck. plus I think it'd get her into character for your tattoo. Really up to you guys, but I thought i'd throw it out there into the universe, I think your girl would love this (i know i would!). Link below, if it doesn't work, let me know, because I can't figure that out either. My Photoshoot With ‘My Boudoir’ | Fuller Figure Fuller Bust […]

10. Boudoir Photography Week: Choosing a Photographer | Sweet Nothings NYC - August 31, 2014