Ill Fitting Bras Vs Well Fitted Bras

17 Jul

I recently asked for photos of ill fitting and well fitted bras on my Facebook and Twitter pages. And you lovely lot were amazing with your responses! I have picked what I deem to be some of the best example of ill fitting and well fitted bras in the hope that these visuals will further reinforce why a well fitted bra is essential and what it should look like.

To start with, these bras do NOT fit the wearers. The cups are too small, the bands are too big, boobs are smushed, spilling, drooping, wires are poking, straps are digging, bands are riding…

If your bras look like these then it’s time to try some new sizes!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And here are many of the same ladies in well fitted bras that support, lift and separate. The photo speak for themselves!

If you’re still not convinced by what a well fitted bra can do and looks like then take a look at these comparisons and an explanation by the lovely Kate:

18 Responses to “Ill Fitting Bras Vs Well Fitted Bras”

1. Ve July 17, 2012 at 12.53 #

The after photos look great.

I’m curious how my boobs would look in a bra that fit them well (until my finances in order, I just have to stay curious for a bit).

• Roralee July 18, 2012 at 12.53 #

You don’t have to break the bank to accomplish this. TJMaxx and Marshall’s are fantastic for finding good bras that fit. The critical key being to distance with the size you think you are. Measure you chest under the ribcage. Measure your chest around your breasts. Subtract the difference. That gives you your cup size.http://www.barenecessities.com/feature.aspx?pagename=fit_sizing

• SexySavvyGeek April 8, 2013 at 12.53 #

No money does not mean you can’t also at least get fitted for your appropriate size. Nordstrom’s will fit you for a bra and help you find styles that you like and will be your best fit.

A lot of stores often have seasonal sales that you can find inexpensive bras that fit and will be in a style that you like. I cannot believe how much better I feel having been fitted for a bra and having a style and size that I like and that fits.

2. allatalarsvenska July 18, 2012 at 12.53 #

Maybe we should start a guerrilla campaign, and glue “bad fit – good fit” posters in all high-street fitting rooms. :-D

3. Lingerie Off Price July 18, 2012 at 12.53 #

Such a great read. We are going to post it on our facebook to expose more ladies to what a bra should and should not fit like. Thanks for educating!

4. lingerieoffprice July 18, 2012 at 12.53 #

Love this article. We are going to post it on our Facebook to help our fans figure out what a bra should and should not fit like. Thank you for educating!

5. Freya July 25, 2012 at 12.53 #

Hey, if my bust is 37.5″ and my underbust is 31″ — what size should I be wearing? I currently wear a 34C and the band is too loose AND it gapes at the top! I’m sooooo lost!

6. Sarah August 2, 2012 at 12.53 #

after lots of trial and error it looks like i should be wearing a 38LL!! but i can only find a 38L do you know of anywhere that does larger than this?! I tried 40L but the back size is WAAAAY to big! I am gettin really fed up of bra searching i just hope my weightloss will decrease my boobs soon!

7. Christine McClellan April 11, 2013 at 12.53 #

Can you help me find a good bra? I posted on my flickr what is wrong with mine and my measurements. I need help.

8. sky February 9, 2014 at 12.53 #

My bras fit like the gorgeous red heads before pic, how can I fix it?

9. Beatrice Torres March 26, 2014 at 12.53 #

where caN I BUY A WELL FITTED BRA ?

• fullerfigurefullerbust March 26, 2014 at 12.53 #

Check out my blog!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Top 30 Lingerie, Fashion & Beauty Blogs | Bra Doctor's Blog - July 31, 2012

[...] Read this post: Ill Fitting Bras Vs. Well Fitted Bras [...]

2. Swooop, Scoop, and More: Are you in the right size? | Bras Underwired - March 16, 2013

[...] Guide, Susannah’s Guest Post on FFFB, Boosaurus’ post with some fit solutions, and FFFB’s post that also shows you what the correct fit should look like.Most of these are sizing issues, though [...]