Bella Bella!

15 Apr

As you may know I am a massive fan of Collectif – especially the flared Dolores dresses. However, I thought it was about time I tried a skirt before my Dolores collection got out of control!
The skirt I decided to go from was this gorgeous Bella skirt in green. I am a huge fan of fitted pencil skirts, but I thought it would be fun to see how a fishtail style would work on me and my shape. Due to the size of my hips and bum I decided to go for an 18.

It was pretty spot on! I am 5’7 and found that I had to pull the skirt down towards my hips to make the length work for me, plus it was big around my waist and would not sit there. The fabric is fabulous, it was barely creased and is fully lined. I have split many a skirt and dress in my time due to my love of fitted items and my big bum, and so this fishtail style felt perfect on my proportions. The colour fits in well with wardrobe and I think it looks fabulous with the Bravissimo shirt from many seasons ago.  It is versatile and I can see it being perfect for office wear and then dressed up to hit the bars after work. As you can see I teamed mine with a belt but do you expect anything else?

I do struggle to wear skirts as I have such a huge dress collection and I tend to favour them, but I may start to wear them a little more now, especially as I know a great place that does amazing bust friendly tops

So check out Collectif’s amazing skirt selection now, something that is sometimes overlooked by the fabulous dresses but really shouldn’t be!

9 Responses to “Bella Bella!”

1. Jessica Meloche April 15, 2012 at 12.53 #

Gorgeous! I love Colletif as well. Might have to try this skirt too :)

2. allatalarsvenska April 15, 2012 at 12.53 #

Nice skirt!
    Is it me that’s bad at looking, or doesn’t it say on the Collectif site what materials the clothes are?

I drool over their stuff, and I think some items would work with my shape, but I have this strong aversion against viscose so I don’t want to order unless I know it’s something else. :-)

3. Lauren April 15, 2012 at 12.53 #

I used to live in jeans only but lately I’ve been embracing my curves and have started wearing more skirts and dresses. My problem is I live in Florida where its always hot and humid and my thighs rub in my dresses and I get rashes on the insides of my thighs. Is there anything that will help to stop these rashes?

• fullerfigurefullerbust April 16, 2012 at 12.53 #

Hey :)
      I don’t suffer too badly with this but when I do I use a bit of vaseline. I have friends who wear mini shorts or cut leggings x

4. Yolka April 19, 2012 at 12.53 #

You look gorgeous!!! I’ll have to show this to my mother – I’m forever encouraging her to dress more daringly and you’re the perfect inspiration!

@Lauren – I’d try a good dusting powder, it does wonders for me in the summer.

5. Stacey-Maria April 21, 2012 at 12.53 #

Hi!
    I have come across your blog after reading your article in Take A Break magazine. I just wanted to say I love your confidence and I agree that there should be more curvy girls on the catwalk and used in fashion campaigns.
    I hope I can start embracing my curves, like you!
    Stacey xx

6. Dawn Evans August 7, 2013 at 12.53 #

Hi Georgina – I LOVE that top and bra – where is this from?

• fullerfigurefullerbust August 7, 2013 at 12.53 #